Saturday, April 21, 2007

Mama don't take my MODA 'phones away!


Tm028Zma Unified


I ordered a set of V-MODA Vibe earphones on eBay last week for $70 US, and I've been trying them out on my iPod Shuffle, comparing them to the original Apple earbuds.


All I can say is "Wow"!


Having designed professional audio gear in a previous life, I knew the original Apple earbuds weren't anything spectacular, but after A/B ing the V-MODAs against the original PodBuds, I'm hooked.


The difference is incredible, even for an old guy like me. Bass exists once more, huzzah! I wear my iPod while cycling, and I was afraid that the silicon fittings would block out all the road noise, but that's not the case. Road noise is definitely muted, but still noticeable, so I'm still aware of my surroundings.


And now I can turn down the volume on my iPod and still hear more of the music than before. Yay!


Highly recommended (especially at the eBay price!)